Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend





We hope everyone had a fun Thanksgiving. Ours was very enjoyable. This is a great time of year to count our blessings. After counting mine I realize how blessed I am. I am grateful to be a member of the true church and have a testimony of it's truthfulness. I couldn't have asked for a better family. I'm grateful they are all healthy and active in the church. I'm grateful to live in this wonderful country. The list really goes on.

We had a different combination of family and friends around the table. Wayne, Elaine, Tim, Tanya, Leslie, Marisa, Sara, Kathy, Tyler, Grace and Wally Reid, and two missionaries. It was a beautiful day and lots of good food.

Sara arrived early Wednesday morning. I had to wait until after school to see her. She helped me Wed. night to get ready. Yes I did polish the silverware. It was really tarnished. Sara was asked which she would like to do, chop onions for the stuffing or clean the silverware. Guess which she chose? She did the onions even though she cried the whole time. Tim, Tanya, Leslie and Marisa came Wed. night. They slept over.

Thurs. mid morning we went to the movies with the Calders. This seems to have become a tradition. The Marcusens were in Utah. We went to see Enchanted. It was very delightful. It was Marisa's first movie. She did pretty good. Tim did finally have to take her out toward the end.

Friday we took our annual trip to Huntington and had breakfast at Ruby's. It was great. Then we did some shopping at HSS. I think Tim was the only one that bought much. (It is still his favorite store.) Then Sara, Wayne and I went to Irvine to see Madie play soccer. She scored a goal. She has a great team. It was fun to watch. It was nice to see Cookie and Madie. After the game we did some more shopping.

Saturday, Wayne managed to go golfing. I worked on my class. (I can't wait to be finished with these classes I'm taking. It makes it so I really have no life. I'm about half way finished. Hopefully I will be though by the end of summer.) Sara slept in. Tim, Tanya, and Marisa dropped Leslie off at the airport and came to spend the rest of the day with us. We watched the BYU / Utah game. Now it is Sunday afternoon and the house is quiet again. We love it when there is family around.

4 comments:

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Sounds like a nice thanksgiving! My mom and dad are really excited for the baby, it is weird to think that they are going to be Granparents!

Kari said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I just might be moded because I wasn't there.

Janna said...

I wish I could be there to polish the silverware.

My Advanced Credit said...

wayne what is a pinkle?