Sunday, October 28, 2007

PHDs with lots of help

Yesterday Wayne and I were going to go watch the Call kids play soccer. However, with the recent fires their games were canceled. The air has been really unhealthy. So I convinced Wayne to help with some things that needed to get done. He helped, but only after a quick 9 holes of golf. The picture tells it all. The avocado tree has been hanging over the roof of the family room. The whole tree is loaded with avocados. Wayne trimmed about 2 branches. These two boxes are just from three branches. There are tons more on the tree. We need an avocado picker or at least something with a long pole. Yes Trent, he should have brought some with him when he went to visit. You would love them.

After getting the branches off the house we realized the rain gutter was full of stuff. (You do one thing and it always seems to lead to another thing needed to be done.) So I got up on the ladder to try and clean the gutter. The ladder slipped. I was just dangling with my feet on the tilted ladder and clinging to the rain gutter. I yelled for Wayne. He thought all he needed to do was straighten the ladder. Needless to say he pulled the ladder out from under my feet and I fell. Fortunately, I landed on the bushes underneath and just ripped a hole in my shirt. It is kind of funny now. After that I decided to climb through Sara's window and sweep off the roof and help clean the gutter. We decided another branch needed to be trimmed. Wayne couldn't reach it from the ground so he climbed on the roof. He wasn't really very close to the edge, but he did say it was SCARY. Then he went back down and handed me the hose so I could finish cleaning the gutter.

As you can see, we then moved to the lime tree. It is so full of limes. The sacks you see are only about 1/3 of what is on the tree. We will need to pick more another Saturday. Hopefully we will have them off before the grandkids come and decided it looks fun to throw them over the fence and into the neighbor's yards. Wayne received the only injuries. He has several big scratches from the thorns on the lime tree.

As you can see, PHD's aren't just Pedro working. Actually Pedro was the one that decided to do these jobs yesterday. I really had other on the top of my honey do's.

3 comments:

tothe4thfloor said...

You should be like Pedro and the rest of his Mexican friends and sell them in the middle of the street in Guada-La Habra.

Kari said...

Oh how I wish I could have seen you dangling with just your toes on the ladder.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

What an eventful weekend. Have a Happy Halloween!