Thursday, December 13, 2012

Monuments and Memorials

I think Simone was about a week here.  Sara felt sorry for me being at home all the time. I really didn't mind.  I had a chance to cook.  I don't do much cooking at home.  And cleaning their house and washing clothes really didn't tkle much time, so I was able to read all a wanted.   Sara drove me into D.C.  She walked around the Jefferson Mmorial before Mike called to be picked up.  I spent a few more hours walking around by myself.  It was a very clear day, but a little chilly for Simone to be out all day.  


It was a great view of the Washington Monument.  I enjoyed walking around the Jefferson Memorial.


Roosevelt Monument



Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
















Korean War Memorial
The Washington Monument looks so neat looking down the reflection pool. 
Lincoln Memorial


 Vietnam Vetran's Memorial
 World War II Memorial




Of course I had to see the White House.  Election Day was on Tuesday November 6th.  Virginia was a state that made a difference.  There was a lot of campaigning going on.  Needless to say Election Night I spent glued to the TV.  I am sorry that it isn't Romney occupying the White House. 

No comments: