Sunday, September 18, 2011

James Brown

James Brown died this week. He was such a giant of a man. He was an amazing example for everyone. I will always be grateful for what he did for our family. He not only gave all our children their patriarchal blessing, he also married three of them to their spouses. He had a terrific sense of humor. His understanding of the gospel was what I would like to emulate. I believe he had an awesome reunion with those that passed on before him.

He will be missed.


Monday will be the start of the 4th week of school. Last week was just a blur to me. The principal asked me to take a 1-2 combo. The class started on Tues. The students weren't assigned to me until Friday after school. That only gave the five teachers involved one day to rearrange, yet we still had to teach on Monday. Therefore, there has been a lot of moving and confusion during after school hours. First, I had to give most of my second grade supplies to the new 2nd grade teacher. (Papers that had already been torn out of consumables and copies of assignments had to all be recounted. ) I'm still missing things. I already had student pictures and work on my boards. So I had to redo my boards. To make things even harder Thursday was Back to School. Somehow I made it through the week. I have been happy to have a weekend to correct papers and hopefully do some planning. I enjoyed my combo last year. I'm sure I will enjoy this class this year once I get all my supplies and books. All the teachers just wished the district people incharge would look at the numbers during the summer rather than waiting for school to start. All of us had already gotten attached to the students we had. I gave up 25. I only kept 5. Here's hoping for a good year.

1 comment:

Kari said...

We are grateful for President Brown too. He was an awesome man!