Sunday, November 2, 2008

Teaching my student's child


One day this week one of my favorite little boys came to me and asked if I knew Stephanie. I said, "Stephanie who?" He told me Stephanie Renteria. She would be about Tim's age. (Just think Tim, you could have a child in first grade.) She was one of my students when I was teaching my 4/5 combo my first year at Meadow Green. I liked her a lot. He then told me that she was his mother. I just couldn't believe it. I guess when I start to teach my student's children I am getting old and it is time to start thinking about retiring.
Jeremiah is the one that looks up at me and tells me I'm the best teacher ever.

2 comments:

Janna said...

That is pretty neat. It must mean you are getting old. Just kidding. I love you

Jenny Hart Turk said...

That is so funny! Wow what a small world. I think that is pretty cool though. You probably are a great teacher.