Sunday, November 2, 2008

In Memory of Mom





As I was getting ready for church I realized that it was November 2nd. Two years ago today I was at school and told that I had a phone call from my sister. I knew immediately that this was not a casual phone call. Lily Ann told me that Mom had passed away. Today I am remembering all the wonderful memories of my mom. She was a great lady. Janna mentioned in one of her blogs that she was becoming her parents. Actually Janna, you are becoming your grandparents. Wayne and I took you to all those parks because I enjoyed it when my parents took me to all those National Parks. I think I even acted as you kids did, sometimes not showing that I was enjoying myself. We live in a beautiful country and I am glad that I get to see some of the beautiful places. I hope my children have a few good memories of their Grandma. She was a hard worker. She was smart and stood up to what she believed. She was also a very caring, kind lady. She loved her family and only wanted the best for them. I see the same traits in my children. Hopefully I have some of the same traits too. Today Wayne is up visiting his mother. I hope he realized how lucky he is to still have a mom around. Donna Mae is also a wonderful lady.
The next few days is the final push for Prop 8. I believe Mom would have done all she could to help people vote for this Proposition. I want you to know I am out there doing all I can also. I'm walking the streets and making phone calls. I want my grandchildren to be able to live in a society that still believes in marriage between a man and a woman. I don't want our religious beliefs to be taken away from us or do I want to be forced to teach gay marriage.
Yes on Prop 8.

2 comments:

Janna said...

Those are precious pictures.

Janna said...

Stone and Rusty still remember Grandma. She is the "Grandma that died"