Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Eve

December 24

Christmas Eve was spent getting ready for an early dinner. I was in charge of stuffing (of course). All the girls had assignments. Carin made party potatoes and other things. Janna was in charge of deserts. They were yummy. Kari had been struggling with the hives the last few days. She finally decided it was time to see a doctor. We only saw her lips, eyes, and neck swollen. It really looked uncomfortable. Kari had the turkey in a brine. My job was to get it in the oven while she was at the doctor.

Luke had my camera for a while and took some candid pictures.
Ryder

Don't you just love the expression.

Stone

JannaTanya had told us about a tradition in Great Britain. They have party poppers. Wayne and I saw some in World Market in Whittier. We decided to look for them when we got to Denver. We found a World Market and bought some.






You pull on both ends of this tube. It pops and out falls a crown, a surprise and a joke. I guess I didn't explain them too well before we pulled. Some of the kids threw away the crowns and couldn't find their surprise. Oh, maybe we will try again next year. Dinner was delicious. I should have taken a picture of the adult table.

No comments: