Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tanner and Conference

Wayne and I were very concerned when we heard about Tanner being hit by a car. We are so grateful that he has only minor injuries. He is such a determined soul that I have always thought he will do something great. I know he had angels watching over him.


October is one of my favorite times of the year, Conference is one reasons I like October. It is always so good to hear from our Prophet and other church leaders. President Monson always seems to talk right to me. I love his sense of humor and his many stories. He makes me want to try harder to do what I should. I want to go out and rescue, however, it is harder then it sounds.


Conference has been a time when I could get together with my family. This year is a new adventure for me. I am by myself, all by myself. Wayne is with his mom and brothers on the houseboat, and the children that use to live here have moved to distant places. They live too far away to come for Sunday morning breakfast of scones. Tanya asked for the recipe, maybe she will make some.
Just the same, by myself or with loved ones, I love listening to conference. I feel the spirit and this helps me remember that I know the church is true. I am so lucky to live at this time when I can here the Prophet's voice right in my own home.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Wish we could have had some of your conference scones.