Sunday, August 5, 2007

Boo-Who

This entry is dedicated to my victims of MY poor parenting.
Yes, I admit that I was the tyrant in charge of all of your torture. It was fun. What joy I had taking you to piano lessons and listening to you practice and sit through all of those lessons. How can I forget all the chores I made you do; school work, reading during the summer, making your beds, washing the floors, doing the dishes, cleaning the bathrooms and the most fun --yard work. Let's not forget how Dad and I made you go to church. It was worth seeing you cry and hearing you complain. We must be part to blame that all of you turned out to be such wonderful adults. Now both of us can laugh at the poor parenting of our offspring. It sure looks like our grandchildren are now the victims of poor parenting.
The good news is after going to all my annual summer doctor visits and procedures I am well and you can expect me to be around a long time to torture you. I know this is all just in fun. I really do love you. I think you are great kids. Maybe someday your children will have the same poor parenting skills.

7 comments:

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

Well it's a good thing I was raised by wolves, otherwise I would be complaining about my poor parenting predicament. They fed me and got me a cave to sleep in at night. Now I howl at the moon. Maybe that is why I love to hunt so much.

Janna said...

Nice post, Mom. I guess you got the last laugh and we got Moded. Maybe Luke got moded, because at least we had a bed to sleep in.

Kari said...

I'm not sure the favorite ever had to wash the dishes, clean bathrooms or wash the entry floor by hand. But all kidding aside we are all grateful for the many hours of poor parenting. Because we all did turn out pretty awesome.

tothe4thfloor said...

Wash the entry floor by hand!? Sleeping in a cave!? Am I the only normal one? I think everybody is moded but me because my dad just told me today over the phone that the only regret he had in raising his kids is not making us do work around the house...haha...and I was raised by "Lobos" too. =o)

Kari said...

By the way washing the entry floor by hand was the thing I hated most in the whole world. I am surprised I don't still have nightmares from that.

Sara said...

I'm glad we got the HMGs before I was old enough to do any yard work. It pays to be the youngest.

LALALALUUUUUUUKE said...

We used to have to saw up the 50 foot logs in the back yard, split them, carry them 120 feet into the garage, and then stack them to the ceiling-and that is only what we did for fun. That was usually after 5 hours in the garden, mowing the lawn, and sweeping off the driveway. I would have taken cleaning the floor with a toothbrush anyday. I would have used Tim's toothbrush though, and he would have been moded.